Indie FPS Ballistic Overkill is now on Steam
New FPS games are a dime a dozen these days. But it is truly rare to find one that can compete with CS:GO. Brazil based Aquiris studious is giving it a really good try. So far I like what I see
Aquiris Game Studio is proud to announce that Ballistic Overkill, their fast-paced PvP shooter, is already available
- OVER 80 WEAPONS. From pistols, grenade launchers, SMGs, sniper rifles, katanas, etc.
- 7 CLASSES. Each with its particular skills, strengths and weaknesses.
- 10 MAPS. A museum, a corporate park, a mall and even an abandoned hospital and factory, Ballistic Overkill covers a wide variety of locations in its 10 maps. They come in all sizes, but all of them have their own atmosphere, personality and a design that makes them unique to play on.
- 4 GAME MODES. All maps have multiple game modes available: Team Deathmatch, Free for All, Capture Point, King of the Hill.
- STEAM MARKET INTEGRATION. With over 80 weapons ingame, there’s always a new way to kill your enemies in Ballistic Overkill. But even better, all weapons have droppable skins that you can trade and/or sell through the Steam Market system. Every couple of months, the drop Season changes, allowing players to drop different skins and seek different accessories.
- CUSTOM PRIVATE SERVER CREATION. Players can create their own servers, choose a map and game mode and invite their friends to play.
Thats not even all there is, in an effort to compete with CS:GO, Ballistic Overkill has released their developer roadmap, including:
Collectable Weapon Skins distributed in Seasons: The very first season of Ballistic Overkill has just started. It features more than 180 weapon skins, divided in 5 rarity tiers: common, advanced, special, elite and legendary. Each new season brings entirely new drops and replaces the previous season, you can trade the skins in the Steam market. Players should be aware of their value in their inventory as they won’t be dropping again in future seasons.
New Game Modes: One very important aspect of Ballistic Overkill is it’s fast paced and fun competition, we want to incentivize that type of play through game modes that are more suitable for competitive matches.
Female versions of our characters. Everybody in our community will have nice female characters to play as well, starting with the Shadow class. Female versions for the rest of our classes will come in the future. Here you can have a sneak peak from some of them, that our artist Bruna Richter recently showed in our game presentation at Google Brazil HQ.
Costume Skins as DLCs: 8 more exclusive character costumes are now available to purchase as DLCs. They don’t just alter character models as some of them also change the entire voice pack.
Aquiris Game Studio is a company based in Porto Alegre, Brazil. With 9 years of history and a team of 60 people, we have been creating games for a broad range of platforms, from browser to PC and mobile. Our big focus since the very beginning has been on delivering the best artistic, technical and gameplay quality to our players, in partnership with our publishing partners. Now with Horizon Chase, the studio is taking a step further into the wild world of self-publishing, with a game that really translates our passion for the classics.