Albion Online: new Development Diary Video
Follow the progress of Albion Online, a new class of MMORPG, as it strides towards launch on July 17, 2017. The game developers have strong ties to their fans and have released this newest entry in a series of development videos that keep early adopters informed, as well as help new players orient themselves in the world of Albion. In this latest log, game director Robin Henkys tackles the redesign of the lawless Outlands area, set to roll out with their Hector update on June 7, 2017.
Development Video Summary
- Feeling that there was not enough action happening in the Outlands, Sandbox has decided to remove both cities and harbors in the area which weren’t providing enough crafted goods for smaller guilds. Instead, a single central hub will be installed, requiring all current players to remove their funds from Outlands banks else risk losing their money.
- A central portal will be set in the middle of Caerleon, used to jump to Outland exits with cooldowns that allow for balanced gameplay. The entrance can lead to anywhere in the Outlands, with no cost, but will bind players to their chosen gate for a period based on the difficulty and location of said door.
- Being tested is a map feature that allows smaller groups to detect bands of 10+ players to allow for more balanced gameplay. Smaller parties don’t have to worry about being overrun by large groups, giving them the option to skirt around to avoid combat.
- Rewards in the Outlands are increasing to make it a more attractive place to go outside of the Royal Continent. Each section has a greater rate of enchanted resources, the highest being located in the higher Outlands.
- Tier 8 resources will only be available in Watchtower territories, which can be raided by outsiders
- + More!