Ark Survival Evolved Bulks up its Xbox One and PS4 Content.
Ark has always been a favorite game for both myself and our stream team. The team at Studio Wildcard has been almost religious about adding updates, but sometimes consoles get left behind. NO MORE! Today the team at Studio Wildcard today launched another content-packed update for their dinosaur-survival game, ARK: Survival Evolved on Xbox One and PS4. The new update includes a Megalodon’s worth of additions, from four prehistoric creatures (swarms of Giant Bees, anyone?) to more futuristic TEK gear including grenades and turrets, while also adding more hairstyles, new music tracks and a re-working of the volcano.
The new update is available now, and get a good look at it now by checking out the v257 Spotlight Trailer!
New Features in the v257 Patch
- Structure: Tek Cloning Chamber – Spend some shards, get a clone, with the level, appearance and stats, of your favorite creatures
- Structure: Tek Megalodon Saddle – Mount up! Now your prehistoric shark has a laser-firing saddle!
- Structure: Tek Turret – An enhanced Auto Turret with more damage and a better targeting AI. What more could you need?
- Weapon: Tek Grenade – Did someone say “sticky grenades”? Put ’em on your friends (or not!)
- TEK Cave & Volcano – The Volcano finally receives its long overdue, scorching redesign – and now leads to the entrance to the TEK Cave.
- “Ascension” Game Progression
- More UI overhauls
- New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
- Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes
- 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational
- Full console-style gamepad functionality (i.e. same as console versions)
- Alpha Megalodon and APEX Loot for all Alpha creatures!
ARK Creatures Added Today:
Apis Lithohermaea (Giant Bee) – Basically giant prehistoric bees, Apis are quite territorial. When encountering these fuzzy yellow nightmares, take caution: Apis stings will significantly weaken any creature which suffers them, and because its stinger is not barbed, Apis can sting multiple times for multiple agonies. A tamed Apis Queen will lay new drone eggs, and construct a nest that (protected) survivors can farm for honey. The honey is not only sweet and delicious, but laced with scents that land mammals find irresistible, so clever hunters can use it to bait their traps.
Kentrosaurus Aethiopicus – A smaller, but sometimes much more formidable cousin of the Stegosaurus, Kentrosaurus is one hell of a close-quarters combatant. Thanks to its wickedly sharp defensive spikes, any creature which attacks Kentrosaurus is likely to be reversely wounded in turn, and it is capable of piercing even the thickest of hides and armors when it goes on the offensive. A tamed herd of Kentrosaurus can defend a compound as well as take on any larger carnivore. One swing of its deadly tail can save a survivor’s life, or even turn the tide of a pitched battle! Alas, due to their spiked back, the Kentrosaurus cannot be ridden, even when tamed.
Liopleurodon Magicus – There are rumours circulating the tribes of The Island claiming that this beast has magical properties, however, the sightings have been rare so it’s hard to decipher old tribe tales from the actual truth. Whatever the case, this mythical creature has been said to have the ability to reward the adventurous survivors who tame it, the special attribute of luck. Treasure hunting tribes who have encountered the beast have used this magic to obtain loot beyond their wildest dreams. You’re probably wondering why these claims are tales, well it’s said that the Lucky Liopleurodon’s magic is so powerful, it cannot be kept under control, and after some time, it harnesses this power to get away.
Daeodon Comedentis– Daeodon Comedentis is the largest known species of entelodont, an omnivorous family of ancient mammals that are sometimes referred to as “Hell Pigs.” Daeodon is as mean as it looks, and any survivor who wanders too close to its feeding grounds will find that out the hard way. As an omnivore with a voracious appetite, Daeodon scavenges, forages, and hunts to survive.
Its uncommonly high metabolism enables it to heal very rapidly, making it a difficult beast to bring down or even tranquilize. Many tribes have made excellent use of Daeodon packs within their war parties, not only because of its fierce nature but due to its remarkable ability to rapidly heal itself and its allies.
ARK: Survival Evolved is in development for Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program, Steam Early Access and PlayStation®4. The game is currently playable in on all three platforms, which includes Oculus Rift VR support and an integration of Steam community features such as Steam Economy and Steam Workshop for custom maps and mods. Players can host private/LAN servers and have access to a custom-built version of the Unreal Engine 4 Editor for creating mods. The world of ARK is designed to be modder-friendly and ever-expanding!
September 26, 2017
Steel Series has always been a favorite of mine for making the various accessories that you need to dominate your games. Constantly making new headsets, new mice, and better technology. Today is just a normal Tuesday to me, but for SteelSeries its the day to release their most recent bit of gaming domination the TrueMove1 Sensor.
- Great people all! twitter.com/LordFluffyButt…
about 1 day ago
- Aniplex of America Launches US Teaser Site and Reveals Key Visual for Summer Action Comedy Anime: kitsuga.com/2018/01/19/ani… Fionna Schweit
about 1 day ago
- Loot Anime December Unboxing (Underdog): youtu.be/8uLpkWKaxdI?a via @YouTube
about 2 days ago