Behold Studios Releases Free “Director’s Cut” Update for Chroma Squad
indie developer Behold Studios announces the release of the free “Director’s Cut” update for Chroma Squad on PC, Mac and Linux.
Chroma Squad is a tactical RPG about five stunt actors who decide to quit their jobs and start their own Power Rangers-inspired TV show! Cast actors, purchase equipment and upgrades for your studio, craft weapons and giant Mechas out of cardboard and duct tape.
The “Director’s Cut” free update to Chroma Squad brings long-awaited new features and improvements to the game, which were previously available only on the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions.
Chroma Squad is currently available on PC, Mac, Linux, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Android and iOS.
Behold Studios is also releasing its new game “Galaxy of Pen and Paper” this month, July 27th, for PC/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android.
“Director’s Cut” Features:
- New Game+- The adventure no longer ends after the credits roll – with the “New Game+” and “New Game++” features you can keep playing with your current party, facing procedural generated enemies and goals on the episodes, crafting new items, and perhaps making different story choices that could lead you to unexplored paths!
- Revamped Mecha Fights – The Mecha Fights have been completely revamped to be faster and more fun, and the random chances were replaced by new reflex mini-games!
- New “Heroic” Difficulty – Difficulty levels have been completely rebalanced to offer a more customizable experience, including a new super-hard mode called “Heroic Difficulty”!
- Revamped Encounter Balancing – We have also tweaked a few encounters in the game that were famously unfair or long (*cough cough* Mini-Kaiju Squad *cough cough*)!
- Bug fixes and performance improvements – we also fixed some bugs and the game should be running smoother and faster overall!
October 31, 2017
Dauntless is one of those games that seems to generate mad hype around conventions with its huge booth, and massive pr effort, and then just sort of melt away afterwards. I like to think of those games as sleeper hits, rather than flashy failures like most people do. Dauntless is doing its very best to not end up as one of those games that fizzles between cons, but dropping a massive update, named “Forge Your Legend”.