Split-screen & Controller Support Revealed for Divinity: Original Sin 2
Divinity Original Sin 2 is one of those games that you either have been waiting years for ,or have never heard of. Larian Studious’s second installment in the epic Divinity RPG series. Originally kickstarted to the tune of $2 million dollars, it easily beat out all other records perviously set for games on Kickstarter. Since its successful funding the developers have been hard at work updating their kickstarter more than 40 times! Today we get update 41, which brings with it Split Screen, controller support, and what appears to be spell crafting.
Confirmed for Divinity: Original 2 is controller support and split-screen mode for PC, meaning you can now play co-op mode on one screen with a friend. Other features revealed in the latest Kickstarter update include:
- Skill Crafting – Create new skills by combining elemental and non-elemental books.
For instance, combine Fire and Necromancy books to create a Corpse Explosion skill. Combine the same Necromancy book with a Water skill book to create Blood Rain.
- Source Skills – Accidentally killed an important character? Use the power of your Source Skills to talk to their spirits with Spirit Vision, or absorb their powers with Source Vampirism. And yes, you can talk to the ghosts of animals. Just make sure you have the Pet Pal talent.
- Rune Crafting – Find or craft runes to improve weapons and equipment. For example, combine wood and oil and enchant it with Pixie Dust to create the fire rune.
The brand new Kickstarter video update can be viewed in full at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiadjOstYL8
Learn more about Divinity: Original Sin 2 and download on Steam Early Access here:
Keep up with all things Larian and Divinity on social media:
- Twitter: @larianstudio
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LarianStudios/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LarianStudios