Atari Releases World Premier Footage and Screenshots for Long-Awaited Arcade Shooter Revival Tempest 4000
Tempest is one of the greatest all time classic arcade games. Made by Atari in 1981, its vector based shooting action was at the time it was releases, revolutionary. Now Atari is going to keep up their streak of making the classics new again. With Tempest 4000. Announced today, Tempest 4000 is more of an update than a re-make, it features the same classic vector based shooting, but with a modern art flare.
The first footage of Tempest 4000 give fans a healthy dose of neon colors and fast-paced shooter gameplay set to an adrenaline-pumping techno soundtrack. The powerful Claw spacecraft returns, fully equipped to destroy deadly creatures and other obstructions with rapid-fire shots on vibrant geometric prisms. It’s simply polygon perfection!
Set for release this holiday season on Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Tempest 4000 sees the return of legendary game designer Jeff Minter, for a faithful and thrilling sequel nearly two decades in the making!
Tempest 4000 Key Features:
- Arcade Style Shooter: Blast down hordes of enemies in this fast-paced arcade style shoot ‘em up.
- Unparalleled Graphics: Experience Tempest 4000’s mind-blowing graphics in beautiful 4K resolution.
- Multiple Game Modes: Pick from three different game modes including Standard, Pure and Endurance that will push your skills to the limit.
- Level Up: Progress and clear through 100 unique geometric levels by destroying enemies with various weapons and power-ups, and earn upgrades through bonus rounds.
- Climb to the Top of the Leaderboards: Post your high score in your quest to be recognized as number one on the leaderboards.
- Retro Techno Soundtrack: Enjoy the beats of a thumping soundtrack inspired by early 1990’s techno.
- Old School Gameplay: Feeling nostalgic? Relive the traditional gameplay of the original Tempest with enhanced graphics on current generation consoles.