Ashes of Creation Details How Taverns Are Key to Social Gameplay
Some of you will I hope remember our Ashes of Creation coverage from PAX. A game that promises players that it will be the next great thing in MMO’s Ashes has a lot to live up to. After an immensely successful kickster they have a lot to live up to. Considering the splash that they made at PAX its been a quiet few months in my inbox. So I was quite pleased to find an email from them today further describing the planned social hubs of the game, taverns!
In most games, whether MMO or RPG, the tavern is commonplace. Also commonplace is how very little in-game functionality they have. Ashes of Creation intends to change that. The Tavern is becoming a key focal point of our community interaction. It should be more than just another place to get ‘rest XP’ when you log out.
Take a look at the detail going into the taverns of Verra via the brand new blog post just published. In it, we detail the many ways in which you can expect the humble tavern to make your experience in Ashes of Creation deeper and more meaningful.
- Rested experience (of course!)
- Customization by the owner of the building
- Varying music
- Bulletin boards with player-run quests
- Place and take bounties on corrupted players
- Battle maps with combat benefits for parties to strategize
- Tavern games to earn (or lose) extra gold
- Tables that serve as group finders for content
- Information about what’s happening in the world filters through the tavern
And all of this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how taverns and social buildings in Ashes of Creation will foster community and interactivity with the game world like you’ve never seen before.