The Horus Heresy: Betrayal At Calth is Coming to Early Access
Warhammer 40K games are always a site favorite. From good ones like Dawn of War to bad ones like Dawn of War III we cover it all. So when I see a new game thats Warhammer 40K related, I want in! The Horus Heresy: Betrayal At Calth is one such game, and if you like me are just hearing about it, sit down and read this, becuase you are in for a ride.
The Horus Herasy is an area that not many games have yet explored, so I am eager to see how this new game studio handles the license. The game is of course a tatical turn baed game, and we know how the last attempt at one of those turned out.
The Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth is a tactical-turn-based strategy game based on Games Workshop’s fan-favorite Betrayal at Calth board game set during the era of Horus Heresy. Gameplay includes a single player campaign and multiplayer PvP skirmish mode, both can be experienced either on PC or in Virtual Reality.
- Original Horus Heresy Narrative: Set in the 31st Millennium on the planet of Calth, Magos Ohmnal Sarc commands a unit of Ultramarines. When he discovers corrupted data in the noosphere, Sarc is confronted with a faction of aggressive Word Bearers and a devastating plot of corruption within the Imperium. Developed by Black Library author, Rob Sanders, out-wit a plot that introduces untold threats and schemes against the Emperor.
- Single-Player Campaign: 24 combat scenarios exploring the conflict between two factions of Space Marines. The story progresses linearly and each level presents unique challenges intertwined with the drama of the narrative.
- A Living Battlefield: While players decide on their next action or wait on their opponent, the world around them continues to animate and fight.
- Multiplayer Skirmish Mode: Players can choose between the Ultramarine and Word Bearer factions. Units include Legionnaires, Terminators, Dreadnoughts and a cast of characters armed with everything from Bolters to multi-meltas to assault cannons. More character classes will be added up until the final game release.
- VR Mode: The “human-scale” view of Space Marine combat gives the player the feeling of being on the battlefield during 40k action. A world first VR game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Cross-Platform Multiplayer Matchmaking: Play on either gaming PC, HTC Vive or Oculus Rift. As a turn-based game, PC versus VR provides no gameplay advantages, only differing user experiences of the world.
As avid Warhammer 40,000 tabletop gamers, Steel Wool Studios set out to bring the lore of the Horus Heresy to life in an increasingly engaging narrative. Early Access mode starts with the initial chapter of a five-part campaign. Single-player mode (VR and PC) will include a five-map narrative, while PvP Multiplayer has four maps and two play modes (Deathmatch and Objective Match). Each proceeding update will include a new chapter filled with new maps, weapons, abilities and units.
kitsuga 2: electric kitsuugaloo
- The Legendary American Spy Amelia Joins Assault Spy! kitsuga.com/2018/07/20/the… Fionna Schweit
about 15 hours ago
- STOIC AND HYPER RPG PARTNER UP FOR 4-PART TABLETOP ROLE PLAYING SERIES kitsuga.com/2018/07/19/sto… Fionna Schweit
about 2 days ago
- Seven Seas Licenses Ten New Titles at Anime Expo 2018 kitsuga.com/2018/07/18/sev… Fionna Schweit
about 3 days ago