A Long Way Down is coming to Switch and PC
Its hard for me to resist a good Rougelite, but a game that describes itself as a “dungeon delving, card wrangling, role playing roguelite” that I just cant miss. The game that so describes itself as such is A Long Way Down, new from French developers Seenapsis.
In A Long Way Down players will assemble a party and use their cards to survive, fight and build their way through a dark maze of monsters orchestrated by an evil mastermind. Hero or villain, their choices will lead them to judgement.
A blend of turn based card battler and a roguelite dungeon crawling RPG, A Long Way Down is a unique experience that draws inspiration from a long line of extraordinary indie games like Darkest Dungeon, Slay the Spire and Hand of Fate.
- By virtue or by sin, you will be judged!
- Every choice will impact your fate. Are you a virtuous hero or a sinner?
- Craft a deck
- The cards you choose will determine how you explore the dungeon and how you defend yourself from the horrors it contains.
- Battle the monsters that infest the darkness
- Great challenges await you as you go deeper into the dungeon. Use your cards and cunning, adapt your playstyle and overcome all enemies.
- Gather your party
- You’ll meet many fellow adventurers down in the dark, will you gain allies or make enemies?
- Traverse the maze
- Use your cards to bridge gaps and defy dead ends as you travel through the maze. Rush to escape or take time to explore, the choice is yours.
- Upgrade your items and equipment
- Collect rewards and use them to grow your power to take on what lies in the depths.
- Confront the evil overlord
- Every choice you made will affect the final battle – can you defeat the mastermind in its lair?