Square Enix is Coming to Anime Expo, and they are bringing Kingdom Hearts III
Fresh out of E3, Square Enix is heading to Anime Expo with a full line up of games. From Dragon Quest to Kingdom Hearts III, fans of anime all over the world will have the chance to play new games before the general public. Attendees who visit the SQUARE ENIX Booth in the Entertainment Hall (LACC West Hall), will have the exciting opportunity to play demos of Dragon Quest XI: Echos of an Elusive Age, Kingdom Hearts III, and Star Ocean Anamnesis, before their general release.
The Full Schedule is as follows
DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
- Yuji Horii (Series Creator and Game Designer) will participate in autograph sessions* at the SQUARE ENIX booth, where he will be signing an exclusive 8×10 signature card and posing for photographs, on:
- Friday, July 6, 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 7, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday July 7, 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
*A limited number of Horii autograph tickets will be distributed at the DRAGON QUEST XI area of the SQUARE ENIX booth starting at 10:00 a.m. the day prior to each day’s signing sessions. Fans may pose with Yuji Horii for one photograph only. Only the Square Enix signing cards will be signed. Personal items will not be signed.
STAR OCEAN: ANAMNESIS
- Akira Yasuda (Illustrator), also known as “akiman”, will participate in autograph sessions at the SQUARE ENIX booth, where fans will have a chance to receive a pre-drawn STAR OCEAN illustration in addition to an autograph, on:
- Friday, July 6, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 7, 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*A limited number of “akiman” autograph tickets will be distributed at the Square Enix Members area of the SQUARE ENIX booth at 10:00 a.m. for the day’s signing sessions.
- FINAL FANTASY® Trading Card Game Demos and Tournament
- Attendees can dive into the popular trading card game and receive free lessons on how to play.
- They can also play the newest set, “Opus VI,” one week early in daily Pre-Release Tournaments. The set includes characters from fan favorite titles, including FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Heavensward™, FINAL FANTASY® X/X-2, and DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY NT. Tickets to participate in the tournament will be sold at the SQUARE ENIX booth.
- DRAGON QUEST XI Photo Wall Contest
- Attendees can enter to win slime plushes by striking their best pose with the heroes from the DQXI photo wall and uploading the pictures to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #DragonQuestAX (while tagging @DragonQuest).
- A photo opportunity where fans can take pictures featuring backgrounds from FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS™ and STAR OCEAN: ANAMNESIS
- Photo Opportunities with STAR OCEAN Cosplayers
- Yuno Mizusawa, the official Evelysse (“Eve”) cosplayer from Japan, will be making special appearances at the booth, alongside STAR OCEAN series cosplayers.
- The cosplayer schedule is available on the STAR OCEAN Facebook at: (https://www.facebook.com/starocean).
- Daily giveaways while supplies last, including:
- DRAGON QUEST XI T-shirts and posters
- STAR OCEAN: ANAMNESIS buttons
- SQUARE ENIX Members lanyards
The full list of games at Anime ExpoL
DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Platform: PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, STEAM®
Available: September 4, 2018
The highly anticipated latest entry to the beloved DRAGON QUEST video game franchise follows the adventure of a hero who must solve the mystery of his fate with the aid of a charming cast of supporting characters. DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age offers a world of adventure, exploration and instances of heroism— all brought to life by the character art of famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and the memorable music of composer Koichi Sugiyama.
FINAL FANTASY Trading Card Game
Genre: Trading Card Game
The FINAL FANTASY Trading Card Game (“FFTCG”) is the result of a close collaboration between Hobby Japan and Square Enix. Designed by former trading card game champion Taro Kageyama, the game received high praise for its blend of strategy, luck and fast-paced gameplay making it very versatile and appealing to all kinds of audiences. The “Opus VI” series of cards will release July 13.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION
Platform: STEAM, Origin, Windows 10
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION brings ultimate 4K quality to the acclaimed RPG along with add-on content and new features. Join Prince Noctis and his closest friends as they fight against the empire in an effort to reclaim their fallen kingdom. Players can now enjoy the FINAL FANTASY XV base game, all season pass content, all-new side quests and enemies, and more.
KINGDOM HEARTS III
Platform: Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system
Available: January 29, 2019
In the upcoming action RPG, KINGDOM HEARTS III, players can join forces with Donald Duck and Goofy for the adventure of a lifetime traveling across worlds based on beloved films like Disney•Pixar’sToy Story, and Monsters, Inc., and Walt Disney Animation Studio’s Big Hero 6, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates of the Caribbean and more. Attendees will be able to experience a boss battle against the Rock Titan from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Hercules and uncovering the Toy Box world from Toy Storyalongside Woody and Buzz.