Its no secret that Space Hulk: Deathwing was one of our favorite games of last year. Though it was incomplete, and had its flaws. It was well worth the price. Now Focus Home Interactive is bringing a massive update to the game. The
The new Special Mission Mode generates randomized objectives and enemy spawns, bringing a new level of uncertainty and replayability for even the most seasoned squads of Space Hulk veterans. This adds a much needed bit of variety to a game that at times could be pretty drull.
Also coming soon is armor customization After completing a Chapter (in solo Special Missions or multiplayer), players will gain XP that contributes to earning Loot Reclusiam. These can be opened in order to gain a class-specific customisation item, as well as in-game currency to spend on unlocking individual items. These items include:
- Armour skins and Runes
– Skins give each Class a variety of striking looks, while Runes grant various passive gameplay effects, which can mixed and matched.
- Weapon skins and Attachments
– including bayonets, decals, enhanced scopes, cannon barrels, and more that affect both gameplay and weapon appearances.
- Class Perks
– offering unique, powerful passives for every class that give even more playstyle options.
- Banners – players can show their commitment to the Emperor’s glory, by proudly placing one of a number of banners on the battlefield.
All aspects of the Loot Reclusiam and Class Customisation are earned entirely in-game, with no microtransactions. We’ll announce more upcoming features and additions as the Enhanced Edition’s release draws closer.
Full Special Missions feature released in both single and multiplayer
- All 7 chapters playable.
- All the content can be accessed in single-player (from the main menu) and multiplayer (through a lobby).
- You unlock the special missions in singleplayer after completing the chapter in the solo campaign. For example if your most advanced save is in chapter 7, you will have access to single-player special missions from Chapter 1 to 6.
- If you no longer have your save file or haven’t finished the campaign, but would like to try the new game modes in singleplayer, you’ll find HERE a file unlocking all special missions. Put the file in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SpaceHulkGame\Saved\SaveGames
- Places an explosive proximity mine.
- Heavy Weapon Skill
- Summons a combat drone to temporarily fight at your side.
- Tactic Skill
- Briefly increases your melee attack speed.
- Assault Skill
- Briefly increases your weapon’s rate of fire.
- Heavy Weapon Skill
- The limitation on classes in multiplayer has now been removed.
- Shortcuts for orders have been enabled in multiplayer.
- It is now possible to go back to main menu during the score screen of a multiplayer game.
- Holding shift when out of endurance no longer drains your endurance.
- Multiple AI navigation fixes
- Multiple localization fixes
- Fixed some issues with collisions
- Fixed a rare issue with LoD
- When joining an already in-progress multiplayer game, you should no longer see the partially loaded chapter for a few seconds (it can still happen on some low end hardware).
- Broodlords should no longer have a pathfinding issue causing them to fly to their destination.
- Fixed Belial saying a random line at the end of a Special Mission
- Fixed a bug where the first dialogue of a chapter would play when opening the armory in the bridgehead
- The language of the logs and objectives during a multiplayer game is now based on your own settings rather than those of the host.
- Fixed an issue that caused the logs to not be properly displayed in multiplayer.
- Motion blur is now working properly for all hardware.
- Fixed many issues when joining a game where all the others players were dead. This includes graphical glitches resolutions, overlapping menus and a possible block.
- Fixed an issue where a widget would appear repeatedly.
- Fixed a block at the end of chapter 6 where a player was teleported inside the last room at the end of a multiplayer game.
- A few rare random crashes have been resolved.
- Fixed GUI issues during certain objectives when joining a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a possible overlap with the armory HUD in a multiplayer game or when spectating through the death camera.
- Fixed a couple of minor issues in Chapter 1 Special Missions.